Waitloss ticker

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

They said the day would come......


My support group said the day will come...sooner or later I would FAIL in my good eating habits. And then they said when it does what are you going to do about it? Ok that day has come! Blasted Animal Cookies that Phil brought home. They are really kind of low in carbs and I don't eat many but they are there and they are calling my name! Cookies I know is my weakness so why oh why does he need to bring cookies home so often anymore? Last night he and Chris went to the store and what did they bring home? Cookies!

So the weight seems to be going down in spite of my fail to not eat these cookies in the big jar. I know I am not eating them like I used to. Handful at a time and maybe go back for a 2nd handful. I also noticed that it has been a bit stressful in my life over the last few weeks. I find myself wanting to look for food. I never thought of myself as an stressful eater but I discover I really am! Now that I know, I can work on this when I am stressed.

I wanted to have this blog to help others. I wonder at times if that is what it can do. I am human with a tool that I am still learning to use. So far so good for the most part. I just hope I can continue on.....in spite of the cookies of life!

2 comments:

  1. Judy, I love this post. You are absolutely right that the cookies of life creep in but there's always redemption. Seems like a really great analogy for the Atonement. Your blog IS helping people...I'm one of them who feels so blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Judy!

    I am where you are, I used to grab a handful also and some times 2 and 3 times until I was satisfied. Now I eat one and it hurts my stomach so I loose interest cause they cause pain.

    Also... Tracy did the same thing, he would buy stuff at store that I loved but couldn't have. you are a new person and he probably isn't sure how to relate in the same way if that makes sense. Everything changes, for me it was like having a baby, people can tell you till you are blue in the face what it was going to be like, but until you went through it, you couldn't understand. Many of my relationships have changed in a good way. I have only had one relationship go to shit... and they taught us in the class prior to surgery that would happen.

    Day by Day and you are looking so amazing, isnt it everything you dreamed it would be? It is for me...!

    ReplyDelete