Waitloss ticker

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Who is that Woman in the Mirror?

Phil (that wonderful man of mine) and I were out at Wally World yesterday doing a bit of shopping. They are moving departments around again in the store and I found myself waiting on Phil while he was looking at a book. As I was waiting, for what ever reason, they had a few boxes of mirrors in middle of the aisle. You know the full body ones that you might hang on the back of the door. This is when I saw "THE WOMAN IN THE MIRROR........

This mirror was in one of the boxes, it could not show my feet, and I am so tall it did not show my head in the reflex of the mirror. So only my shins to my shoulders I could see. I did a double take! Who was that woman there? She was looking of normal size. I looked around for a moment to make sure there was not someone standing beside me that would be in the mirror. Nope it was me and only me. I even found myself doing a little turn around to check out my backside! And it was then I found myself saying to myself...Dang! I look good anymore! Even if I am in workout clothes.

I really don't know the woman in the mirror. I see the old me, I even feel it at times. But I do know this is really all in my head. Yes, I have a mirror at home and see myself each day, but I think those who have taken this journey to loose weight need these unexpected times to make us realize that yes, I really have lost at least 125lbs! I hear it from my family and friends but it has been a long journey for me to come to know that I am really not obese anymore. I can shop in normal stores and find something new to wear! It is such a great feeling!

So, I just might have to go back to Wally World and buy that mirror. It was the mirror I saw my future in.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Judy! It's true -- you look amazing! Time to catch your head up with the rest of you!

    You also are closing in on a BMI in the 20's!!! That will be a cool milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Judy, You are an inspiration. I have been having a really hard time lately and reading your posts have given me a little hope. Thank you for your posts. :o)

    ReplyDelete