Waitloss ticker

Friday, October 15, 2010

Grrr why does my PCM office take so long?

Ok, Sorry all but I must vent here for a sec. I promise to do another post on some positive stuff later tonight or this weekend!

I am a week and a half out from my 2nd appointment and I had to call this week to get my letter of Medical Necessity from my Dr. that I requested two weeks ago! Not only that, my surgeons office sent a fax to request my Medical Records on the 23rd of Sept. and I just found out today they have yet to send them! So the surgeons office sent the fax again this afternoon and I followed up with a phone call and left a message for my PCM.

These two items are some of the things I need to get done before my 2nd appointment on the 27th of Oct. I am going in next week to the Hospital to have my Labs, EKG, Chest X-ray which also have to be done prior to the 27th. All these items have to be in my packet to send off to the insurance company.

I did pick up my letter of Medical Necessity today and made a copy of it. I found it interesting that I had co-mobilities that I didn't even know I had?!?! Like Hyperlipidemia ( high blood cholesterol and triglycerides) and reflux disease!?!?!?! I have labs done every year never was told of the cholesterol and the reflux disease. Hmm.

Oh well, I got the letter, and I hope to have my PCM office send the medical records soon so by the 27th I will be all set for my 2nd appointment. I would love to have this done by the end of the year so I will be all set by Camp time in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment