Waitloss ticker

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Labs, X-ray, EKG Oh MY!

Yesterday I went and have my predetermination for surgery done. This was Labs, Chest x-ray and a EKG. The check in at Memorial Hospital took longer the the tests! For my labs this go around they took ten tubes of blood! This is what you might call a FULL WORK UP! I don't think in all my life I have ever had ten tubes of blood taken at one sitting! The gentleman that took my blood is also thinking of having the Lap-Band done. The EKG was very fast. It took him longer to set up the stuff on me then to run the test. Then on to x-ray and they took two x-rays one facing forward and one from the side. Hehe I got to hold my hands up like an Egyptian for a the side x-ray. But the total time was maybe an hour and half from check in to walking out the door. So not to bad. I had my book with me.

The book I am reading right now is Bandwagon by Jean McMillan. Very good book! She has the knowledge and experiences as a successful Adjustible Gastric Band patient. I know I will be opening this book up again after I am done and after I have my surgery. If you are thinking of having an Adjustable Gastric Band surgery I recommend reading this book.

My walking is a lot more fun now that I have my new IPOD Nano. It is so sweet! It even has a pedometer on it. That is the fun part for me. When you sync your Nano it will upload your information that is on your pedometer to Nike.com FUN! Right now I (via the computer) is walking across New York on Nike.com

I am still at battle with my PCM to send my medical records over to Dr. Cywes office. I called yesterday morning. I got a call from Dr. Cywes office saying they still don't have it and so I called again today. This seems to be hardest part about getting everything ready for my 2nd appointment next week. Please pray that I keep my wits about this! Grrr.

Tomorrow I am going to my first support group meeting. This is held over at my Dr. office. It should be interesting as they are also going to be doing Line Dancing? Anything to keep you moving!

So with that, I am off to walk the Dogs before lunch. Just gotta keep on Moving!

2 comments:

  1. 10 tubes of blood ??? What...is Dracula tapping the hospital 'cause it's almost Halloween ?

    I had an EKG yesterday and it also took longer to set it up than to take the readings...I'll pray that med record gets there before the deadline...in the meantime, keep bugging them until they deliver what you need to keep the ball rolling !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woweeeee...lost 32 lbs. !!! Fabulous Judy !

    ReplyDelete