Waitloss ticker

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gate River Run March 12 2011


Here is my daughter Kaitlynn and I at the start of the 5k. The Florida Times Union 5k for Charity is at the same time as the Gate River Run. She stayed with me the whole time and we did it in 54.34. That is great as I really only been able to do this in the last few months.

The Green shirts we have on is from my weight loss center. You can see what they say on the front, and the back says I am running from Obesity! Jacksonville Weight Loss Center. There was about 15 of us from the Center plus my Doctor and Nutritionist ran in the 15k!

I walked and jog this race. I didn't finish first, but I was not last either. I would say I was about in the middle of the pack. Felt great to do this! So glad I did!

Kaitlynn and I as well as our group went over to the 15k finish line. It was there I learned a little bit about myself. I had finished my 5k. Walked over to the 15k finish line in hopes to see a few people I know. Then, I started really not feeling well! Everything kind of went gray/white and I kind of almost passed out! Luckily one of my friends noticed and her husband saw and caught me and laid me down on the sidewalk. Boy did I start to feel better then! Not sure if it was the lack of food, water, low blood pressure or all of the above that caused this! I have never had that happen before after a workout and I have had a few in the last few months! After a bit, I sat up, then got up and felt ok. Was able to walk back to the Expo and see some things there and head on to the car and came home. Scary but I at this time not to worried about it. But I promise myself, if it happens again I will go see a Doctor.

All and all it was a great day! I hope to run the Gator Bowl Run at the end of the year. Who knows, maybe next year I can run the 15k!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great day and finished but wow, I'm worried. I think running is not for everyone, especially me. Having the option to walk the 5K is more my speed and it was a beautiful day for it !

    ReplyDelete