Waitloss ticker

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Walk from Obesity



The Jacksonville Walk from Obesity was held on 15 October and I was able to take the morning off from work and walk it after all! My hubby Phil also join me this year and I was able to meet my goal of $100 raise thanks to family and friends!




Phil and I got to UNF where the walk was held early that Saturday and we walked I would say with about 100 or so people that morning.

I got to meet some people from Facebook that is also fighting Obesity. It was wonderful to meet my online friends LeAnn Banding My Belly and Tim Maninmyshadow.


LeAnn has had the surgery like I have and is well on her way to becoming who she would like to be. Has lost 5o lbs so far and is feeling GREAT!

Tim is inspiring! He has lost over 100 lbs and is doing all on his own! He was to have the lap band surgery but found the weight was coming off and now is working hard at that and is doing wonderful!

I also got to catch up with two ladies I met last year. I was so excited to see them as I forgot to write down their names last year! So this year I got a picture of them and their names!


Please meet Kena Pugh and Inez Rowe!

They were also happy to see me! It was great to catch up with them and introduce them to some of my weight loss center friends. Now, I can go back to last years post and properly put their name on their picture! Thanks Kena and Inez for walking again this year! Keep up the great work!

The Jacksonville Weight Loss Center


We were there in our Green "Look and Me.." shirts. I love this group! The support we have for each other is so helpful. I am so thankful when I went searching for a Dr. I found not only the best Doctor for me, but a whole package of help to succeed!

My last picture is that of my Brother from another Mother. Nick goes to church with me and has been on this journey about as long as I have. Nick, keep up the work! We will beat this together!

Thanks everyone for supporting me. This has turn into something for me bigger then just loosing weight and getting healthy. I have always felt the stigma that obesity can bring once I was there. I am now here to help others on their journey. Support is the key!

1 comment:

  1. With a talent like yours you should write about anything like Adipex, diet tips, etc. Thank you a lot for wonderful ideas

    ReplyDelete