Waitloss ticker

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nutrition, Fitness and PSYCH!

Two half days of Doctors appointments is so worth it!

Learned so much today about what is expected of me. Nutrition was an eye opener. My Doctor expects his patients to go down to 30 Carbs a day! Carbs turns into sugar in the body and that in turn can make us fat! What was an eye opener for me was the fact the my fruits were not carb friendly. But I am commuted in making this work so I am on board for this! So tonight, I had a 1/3lb. Low Carb Thickburger from Hardees 5Carbs! So while everyone had pizza in my home I had this. I have to admit it was good!

Fitness talked about Resistance Bands and using them to help with your exercise. Gave Sample band exercises. I am going to find some this weekend. But they stressed Physical activity can include everything from flexing your arm to dancing and running. But do something! While physical activity alone will not make you lose weight, it is a key component in becoming a healthier happier ME!

Interesting thing about those two appointments above, both who giving the class was new. I guess everyone has to start sometime.

Last item of the appointments today was Psych review. A 100 question test and a short interview. It was basically for me to know what is going to happen and that I am ready to make the changes in my life to make it happen. So its all good!

Set a new goal today. My next appointment is the 27th of October. Between now and then I would like to loose around 12-15lbs. This would help me once I have my surgery. I feel now that I can do anything that I set my mind to regarding this. Because simply I am DONE with being overweight!

1 comment:

  1. It's Condessa and I just wanted you to know that I've been reading this and now I'm following it.

    How did the Walk from Obesity go today? I was going to ask you to when you were thinking about having the surgery?

    ~Condessa

    ReplyDelete