Waitloss ticker

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Walk from Obesity


On September 25th I will be taking a walk. I will be walking in the Walk from Obesity which benefits the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Foundation and Obesity Action Coalition.

This walk is held at the St. Luke's Walking Trail
4201 Belfort Road
Jacksonville, FL 32216

Every day, millions of people are affected by obesity and its related health conditions. It’s a complex, multi-faceted and often life-long struggle that is frequently misunderstood. That is why I joined the Walk from Obesity - to fund research, education and advocacy efforts to help fight this disease. To help ME!

More than 34 percent of American adults and 17 percent of American children are affected by obesity. This is an epidemic of crisis proportions. Yet so few people (and even fewer fundraisers) are willing to speak out, and take a step toward helping the problem.

If you could, please help me in my fund raising efforts for this event. Even if it is just $5. I will be taking pictures that day and post them as soon as I can. Here is the link to my home page for this event. Thank you for your support in this!

No comments:

Post a Comment