Waitloss ticker

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Weight Loss Journey begins!

Tonight I began my LONG trail to end my Morbid Obesity! But before I say what happen tonight I will back up a bit and tell you a little about me.

Hi, I am Judy and I am a Mormon. Yes I figure I would start there. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint. I do eat right, don't drink or smoke but I am overweight! I have been for a very long time...I would say like for 16 years now. I have four kids, a husband, three dogs and two cats. I want to keep up with everyone of them, but it is very hard to do anymore. As of right now I weigh in at 344 at 5 ft 10in. YUCK! I turn 45 next week and I am like almost 3 people! I am DONE with being overweight!

For two years now I have debated with Gastric Surgery for weight loss. For the last two weeks, I have found myself hurting in areas that I never would think I would hurt. I can feel myself getting sicker you could say. I have High blood pressure and take meds for that. Lucky that is the only thing that I know is wrong with me.

Tonight I went to a Seminar at Memorial Hospital. http://bariatricsjax.reachlocal.com
For an hour I sat in a room with others that are looking to change their life. Others like me that had children, or looking to have children...even those with grandchildren and overweight. We were all there for the same reason.

So after an hour or so I had the information to get me started. This was not an overnight decision. One that I have come to over time. So I will be going back to my primary doctor and getting that referral for this. I know I will be approve by Tricare and Tricare really don't make you jump though hoops either! I am hoping for the Lap-Band surgery. I will post more about that if it is what the Doctors and I choose.

So stay tune, as this blog will be updated when I get more done, news or anything more relating to this Trail to the End of my being overweight!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Judy!!!! I know you can do this and I am always here for you. I had two sisters who had the weight problems and went the bypass route. So I have the same propensity to add weight and fibromyalgia does not help in that area! Hugs and Love to you to dear Sister!!! Thank you for sharing and doing this blog, I know it takes courage. <3

    ReplyDelete