Waitloss ticker

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And it is approved!


Its is approved! I checked this afternoon online and it was approved sometime today! I was so excited to begin the next leg of this trail! The Lap Band will be my next tool in my weight loss. I was so excited that I called my Doctors office to talk with Jamie over there and get my surgery date! So my surgery date is 2 December. A month away. I could have had it on the 29th of this month but I wanted the first Thursday that he had open. So, I have a few appointments the week of Thanksgiving with the Hospital and with the Dr. Then one week later is my surgery!


Now I know this is not going to be easy, and sometimes may even be one of the hardest things I have ever done but I am going to do this! Average weight loss with the band is about 2 lbs a week. Not as fast and by pass surgery, but if you think about it, that is a little over 100 lbs a year! I didn't get here over night, and so it won't come off over night and I am ok with that. I just know what ever I loose is better then where I have been.

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY !!! Wonderful Judy ! I will be out of town at a family wedding then but will be praying fervently for complete success !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back in town last week and thought I would check on how things are progressing on your end. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY - I am so happy that you qualified for the surgery - all that hard work is starting to really pay off. How inspiring!! Keep plugging along - our thoughts & prayers are with you as you prepare for surgery! I'm sure it will go very smoothly - keep us posted when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete