Waitloss ticker

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First Fill in my Band!



Had my doctors appointment today. Didn't have much weight loss since the 7th of December. Only 4 lbs. So I got a fill today on my lap band. It was the holidays that did me in. So now because I had a fill, I will have a few days on liquids again. Like I told my hubby, it will jump start the weight loss again I feel.

The fill itself was not bad at all. In fact Dr. Cywes made me laugh! I laid down on the table, he felt where my port was, said this might sting a bit (didn't really) and then said, ok here comes the worse part and then said he was done. I laugh because I said "what worse part?" Sat up, drank some water. Then I felt a bit of pressure in my throat you could say. He took a bit out of the band and that went away. Took another drink of water and the pressure was there again but not as bad. Took a bit more out and I was good then! So I am on clear liquids for 24 hours then full liquids for 2days (this is when I can have my protein shake) and then on the soft foods for 5 days. I can do this! It is going to take 3-5 fills to get me in the "Green Zone" but I can't wait to see what happens with this first fill!

The soreness around my port will go away as well as the little bump that is there. The other pain on my side is not from the band and it sounds like just from working out and the kidney stones that I had a few weeks ago. I think for the most part the kidney stones is gone!

In a few days it will be a new year. I have to say, the last few months have be great really. I committed myself to loosing this weight and changed the way I live. I feel better, look better and so for the new year I am just recommitted myself to working out, eating right and helping others if I can with their journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment