Waitloss ticker

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Post-Op Dr. appointment

Today is day 6. Day 1 was the day of surgery so today is day 6. I went to my doctors for my post op appointment. Basically to check the the incisions. He removed the big bandage over my belly button and now I just have some tape on it. The tape on all will fall off in a week or so. Still have pain in my shoulder. The only bad part today was the wait to get into the room. But, I got to talk to some others. One was 2 years out, 1 month from surgery and one within days of mine. Learned about what to feel when eating and such. While waiting, Jodi there came out and talked to everyone about some upcoming events. One is the Gate River Run/Walk. I would love to run/walk it, but I know for sure I am going to walk it! They are doing a 15k walk this coming year and so I will walk it at least.

Got home and put the heating pad on my shoulder. It seems to help it. Then I went for a walk. I had not done that since before surgery. I only walked like 1/2 mile but I was outside and did it. I need to get back to a 15 min mile walking.

Now, I sit with the heating pad on typing this out. I am also thinking of my friend Nancy and hoping she is home or about home as she had her Lap-Band Surgery yesterday.

So, I am going to rest. Still need that it seems, and then it will be time to get the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment