Waitloss ticker

Friday, December 10, 2010

Soft Food Time!


Yesterday was the first day I could have soft food. So I started the day with an egg! It was so good! I made two, but only ate half of what was on the plate. So really one egg I guess. I had some Mex mix cheese to add to it. Before I ate the egg, I was able to get down a half bottle of water first. Then waited 20 minute before I ate the egg.

Lunch was out kind of. So I made the best menu choice that I could and had some refried beans and cheese. It was a very small amount and ate about 3 oz or so is my best guess. Still not really filling the hunger pains you could say.

Dinner, I made Chicken and Biscuits for the family. It is like a Mock Pot Pie in a way. But I didn't eat the biscuits just the chicken and veggies. I put some on my plate and my dear wonderful hubby said, "is that a bit much for you?" I agree and put some back. Old habits die hard I guess. Then I chop it up really fine on my plate. I ate like 4oz and found myself full again. Didn't want to push it so I stop. But boy did it taste so good! I am using small plates and a small fork to eat with. This way, not to much to eat and I take smaller bites.

I got to start pushing my water again. Ever since surgery, I am finding it hard to drink the needed water. Should drink like 64oz a day! That is 5 water bottles worth.

Tonight was one of those nights I had trouble sleeping. I been up now almost 2 hours. The family will be getting up soon for Seminary and school soon. At least it is Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Judy I am so proud of you for going through all this, it can't be easy! I am praying for you and I'm your far off cheer leader all the way!!!

    ReplyDelete